A roof typically lasts for many years, but, at some point, every house will require a new one. The roof is one of the most important components of a house. It's also one of the most expensive parts of a home, so mistakes can be costly. When you need a new residential roof installation in Ft. Myers, there are several different factors to consider. Here are a few things you'll want to remember.
As you look for a roofing contractor, keep these simple tips in mind:
- Don't make a decision based solely on price. While shopping around and comparing prices is a smart thing to do, making a final decision based only on the lowest price isn't wise. Making a good decision for a residential new roof installation means carefully considering price, quality, workmanship, timeliness, customer service, and more. There are many factors involved in making a good decision.
- Don't mistake marketing for reality. Glossy brochures and good salespeople can be persuasive. Before signing a contract, be sure the residential roofing services company you're considering does good work. Check out the company. Ask for names of clients they've done work for and talk to those customers to find out if they were satisfied.
- Don't succumb to high-pressure tactics. If a salesperson is pressuring you to make a decision and "sign now," be wary. You should always have as much time as you need to think and examine the contract.
- Don't try to DIY. Unless you have experience in the construction industry and know what you're doing, putting on a new roof yourself or having a friend do it isn't a good idea. You want a new roof that won't leak, is properly vented, and has a warranty. Professional residential roofing contractors are trained in installation and safety techniques.
- Don't accept the first bid. Don't accept the first bid you get simply because it's the first. Not all residential roofing companies are equal, so ask friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers if they have recommendations for roofing companies. If not, your insurance agent or roof inspector should be able to provide some names. Contact at least three contractors, get quotes, ask questions, and make comparisons.
- Don't forget that the lowest bid may not represent the best value. A residential new roof installation represents a significant investment. Even though higher quality materials may be more expensive initially, they typically have a longer warranty period and can be less costly in the long run, representing a better value.
- Don't neglect the big picture. You'll want to choose a roofing contractor that is local, licensed, bonded, insured, and reputable. Professionalism, craftsmanship, timeliness, and customer service are all important.
Residential roof installation in Ft. Myers is a significant project, so hire a roofing professional you can trust. Latite Roofing is the largest roofer in Florida and has been providing roofing services for 75 years. Latite Roofing is committed to excellence and complete customer satisfaction, so call us today at 1-800-NEW-ROOF (1-800-639-7663).